The Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) in this document apply as an agreement between DECENT Database, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, which offers clients effective, rewarding, and affordable access to research journals, articles and the contents on its website (www.decentdatabase.com), and any user of the website.
By accessing, viewing, and using the DECENT Database website, you indicate that you fully understand the T&Cs herein. DECENT Database proposes these T&Cs to be a legally binding document equivalent of a signed contract. Thus, by accessing, viewing, and using this website, you acknowledge the T&Cs and agree to be legally bound by them.
General introduction to the T&Cs
• The person using this website may access, view, reproduce, or store copies of research articles (which may also comprise the journal where the article is published) provided that the articles are used only for personal and non-commercial use. Alternatively, permission must be sought from DECENT Database for commercial use of published materials.
• The author’s T&Cs shall not be the focus of this contract, even if DECENT Database does not explicitly reject them.
• Any use of an article in any of the journals listed under DECENT Database in part or whole must be duly referenced in the bibliographic citation, including author attribution, article title, journal title, date, URL, and a documented copy of the copyright notice.
• If there are any changes or updates to the current T&Cs, the communication of these changes shall be made to the authors (and any other users of the website) by DECENT Database via email and also posted on the site. Thus, it is the responsibility of authors and other users to keep abreast of the T&Cs. These changes shall be considered accepted if DECENT Database does not receive written objection from the author (or a user) within a month from the date of receipt. In the event of changes, the consequences of such changes shall be included in the notification from DECENT Database to the authors.
• If an author or user of the current website disagrees with these T&Cs in part or whole, they must immediately discontinue their use of the website.
• DECENT Database reserves the right to change its T&Cs without prior notice. Therefore, users have the responsibility to always check the T&Cs before using the DECENT Database website. However, every effort will be made by DECENT Database to inform users of any changes.
DECENT Database services
DECENT Database is an Australian owned and operated project born out of a love for science. It offers clients effective, rewarding, and affordable access to research journals articles.
The website offers services to help you professionally publish scientific research material and facilitates the use of such information on a day-to-day basis around the globe.
By using this website, an author or user agrees that the limitations and exclusions of liability set out in these T&Cs are reasonable.
If you think the content of this document is unreasonable, you must not use this website.
The responsibility of the users/authors
• The author (and any other users of the website) asserts that they are solely entitled to the copyright and all other rights to the content (images, articles, photographs) and that they have not entered into any other contracts elsewhere. The author(s) and any other user of the website also assert not to have made dispositions and also will not enter into or make dispositions that conflict with the misuse of their content by DECENT Database.
• The author (and any other users of the website) will not participate in the engagement of false statements, impersonation, research misconduct, or fraud.
• The author (and any other users of the website) acknowledges that they have obtained the consent of any and all person(s) that were involved in creating the submitted content and granted the rights to their contribution under the provisions of this contract.
• The author (and any other users of the website) will not redistribute material from this website except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution.
• The author (and any other users of the website) will not violate in using the services in a manner that is inconsistent with applicable law, criminal activities, or illegal purposes.
Service contract and indemnifications
You guarantee to DECENT Database the following:
• That the article or contribution is your original work.
• That you have the right to assign the copyright to DECENT Database and that no portion of the copyright to the article/contribution has been assigned previously.
• That the contents submitted and published are not offensive or unlawful and do not invade the rights of privacy or publicity or infringes any proprietary right (including copyrights).
• That the article/contribution has not been published elsewhere in part or whole, the article/contribution is not being considered for publication elsewhere and that there is/are no outstanding agreement(s) to publish elsewhere, other than the contract with DECENT Database.
• That your user content is not illegal, does not infringe on the legal rights of any third party, and is not capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or DECENT Database or a third party (in each case under any applicable law).
• That you agree to indemnify and hold DECENT Database, its directors, shareholders, officers, editors, reviewers, staff, suppliers, licensors, agents, and affiliate organisations harmless against and from any losses, damages, liabilities, and costs (including legal fees) which arise from or are related to inaccuracy, or your use or inability to use any of our services, content, and submissions or as related to any breach of these T&Cs.
Please send your request to the email address below:
Deactivation/removal of the user’s account
We are authorised to block the user’s account if:
• There is an unauthorised, illegal, or breach of contract and if there is a misuse of the user’s account.
• DECENT Database may terminate the agreement for a good reason.
• The users do not use their account within a consecutive period of 365 days.
Permitted use of the website
• Extracting data from DECENT Database using automated systems or software, especially for commercial purposes, is prohibited.
• You must not use this website to host, duplicate, store, transmit, refer, use, publish, or distribute any material, which consists of (or is linked to) any computer virus, spyware, rootkit, worms, Trojan horse, keystroke logger, or other malicious computer software.
• All elements of the DECENT Database website. This means data and material including articles, graphics, images, designs, illustrations, icons, photographs, text, and other images (hereinafter collectively known as “content”) are our property and owned by DECENT Database, and are protected by trademark law, copyright and/or other rights safeguarding intellectual property.
• DECENT Database does not warrant that this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or that the information on this website is complete, true, accurate, or non-misleading.
• The author(s) must guarantee that the work(s) they are submitting is their original intellectual property. If the author(s) has used work and words by others, appropriate citations are required. Plagiarism, in all its forms, constitutes unethical publishing conduct and is unacceptable.
• The author(s) should agree to revise and prepare the Manuscript according to the instructions of DECENT Database editors and to meet all other requirements for publication communicated to you by the editors.
• The author(s) should give due credit to all those who have made contributions to the research.
• The author(s) is obligated to determine whether the manuscript includes material that requires written permission for publication in the Journal, including any material that is ancillary or supplementary to the contribution. The author agrees to obtain such permission, at the author’s own expense, from the copyright owner, and to submit that approval to the editors with the manuscript.
• The author(s) should promptly notify the journal editor of any obvious error(s) in their published article and cooperate intensely with the editor in correction or retraction of the article. If the editor is notified by any party other than the author that the published paper contains an obvious error, the author should make the correction based on the medium of publication or write a retraction.
Conflicts of interest
Conflict of interest means matters outside of the research, which could be reasonably perceived to affect the objectivity or neutrality of the work or its assessment.
• Editors or administrative employees of DECENT Database should liberate themselves from conflict(s) of interest or relationships that pose possible conflicts related to articles under consideration.
• Editors must not use information or materials gained through working with manuscripts for private gain.
• Reviewers must reveal to editors any conflicts of interest that could prejudice their opinions of the manuscript and should liberate themselves from reviewing specific manuscripts if the potential for bias exists.
• Reviewers must not use any information contained in the work they are reviewing before its publication to further their advantage.
• The author(s) should take responsibility for the accuracy of their manuscript but must inform the reader with a suitable statement in the acknowledgments.
• The influence of reviewers’ or editors’ emotions or any other external factors should not affect the outcome of a manuscript under assessment
• The author(s) should indicate all sources that have supported the research and also pronounce any conflict(s) of interest.
The entire contents of DECENT Database research material (including individual articles and other material appearing in the journals) are protected by copyright. Any rights not expressly granted herein and in the content at hand, are reserved.
You agree to the following licensing requirements for all content put on this site:
• When you decide to indicate that the original work has been modified.
• When you access, search, download, or view DECENT Journals and make printed or electronic copies of individual articles for personal use only.
• When, except as consistent with an author(s) licence, the author(s) agree that they will not unilaterally revoke or seek invalidation of any licence that you have granted.
• When you use or extract information contained in this website for educational purposes, including, but not limited to, text and data mining, manipulation and extraction of information to make explanations, illustrations, criticisms, examples, comments, teaching, analysis, or research.
Users agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website will protect DECENT Database employees, agents, subsidiaries, assigns, and sub-contractors in respect of any losses or damage to persons, animals, or properties that suffer in connection with the website. Also, DECENT Database does not give full assurance to users that our operation will not be disrupted; that the server we use is free of viruses or other damaging components; that defects or correction will be effected immediately; and to the exactness, availability, appropriateness, standard of any result obtained from any content or submission accessed from or dispensed via our services.
DECENT Database or its licensors or suppliers will under no circumstances be liable for any consequential or incidental or direct or indirect damages of any kind, due to the inability to use the services. To the extent permitted by law, DECENT Database or its licensors or suppliers disclaims for any damages (direct, indirect, resultant, auxiliary, personal injury which include death, loss of profits, data loss) as a result of or in relation to the use, performance of services, or submissions, or content on our site. Users should depend on their expertise, knowledge, judgement, and experience in using or implementing any information obtained from our services. We encourage users, most especially those in the medical sciences to keep themselves up to date regarding any changes in government clearances and regulations relating to treatments, diagnoses, and drug use/dosage.
Changes to the T&Cs
DECENT Database reserves the right to modify or change any sections of these T&Cs from time to time without prior notice. Revised T&Cs will apply to the use of this website from the date of the publication. However, any changes made will be posted on the website. Furthermore, users have the responsibility to always check the T&Cs of the website before using it, as the T&Cs of DECENT Database may change without prior notice. Every effort will be made to inform registered users by email.
Thank you for using DECENT Database website.